April 4, 2012

Why I Write...

 I write about my health because… Reflect on why you write about your health for 15-20 minutes without stopping.

Hmmm...ok...well, I probably write about my health first and foremost because I keep on getting emails saying that "they" are having a blogging challenge and then "they" send send me little prompts to write about each day.  I would have to say that that is probably the main reason.  The first time I took the challenge it was because I had seen it on a friend's blog and figured, why the heck not?  I think I wrote a blog about why I decided to do it come to think of it.  This second time around I took the challenge because I had fun doing it last time and a lot of my friends told me that they enjoyed reading my blog...that they were learning so much.  Personally, I like it when people leave comments for me to read! 

I write about my health because it is easier to write about it than talk about it.  When you talk about things, there isn't a backspace and you can't take things back so easily.  When I write about things, I can take all the time I want in order to form a sentence.  When I talk about it, I'm concerned that I'm boring who ever I am talking to, but when I write about it, the reader can stop reading at any point and they don't have to feel obligated to have to read what I am writing.  No one is forcing anyone to come to my blog to read what I am saying.  In fact, I have very little knowledge of who is actually reading this.

I write about my health because it is a type of therapy.  I can think things through this way.  I can learn more about myself and others can learn about me and what is going on inside my head.  It feels good to get it out. 

I write about my health because I like to inform people.  This is what it is like to be me.  If you care to learn what it is like to be me, then you can read it, if you don't care to learn more about me, then you don't have to read it. 

I write about my health because it is such a huge part of who I am, but I don't like to make it look that way on the outside.  I am Allison the Diabetic, but mostly I just like to be just Allison on the outside.  Writing about it, I can be Allison on the inside, who has hard times being diabetic and has normal times being diabetic, who has great times being diabetic.  There isn't a very long period of time that goes by where I'm not penetrated by the fact that I'm diabetic, but people can't see that on the outside.  I don't want to have that blaring in people's faces, but sometimes it is nice to be heard. 

I write about my health because I think that sometimes I can be funnier when I'm writing.  I can also express deeper feelings and thoughts when I'm writing.  I've been told that when people read my writing, they can totally hear me in it.  It makes me happy that I am what I write. 

Has it been 15 minutes yet??

I write about my health because everyone has health.  Everyone has some sort of health problem, and if they don't, they will some day.  We can all relate to the pain and suffering of having health issues.

I write about my health becauseI hope that it will help someone with their own problems that they are going through.  Or that it will help someone better understand someone else and be more compassionate towards that person. 

I write about my health...because I want to. 

1 comment: