April 21, 2012

Miracle Cure.

Miracle Cure. Write a news-style article on a miracle cure. What’s the cure? How do you get the cure? Be sure to include a disclaimer  ;)
I don't really feel like being creative tonight and writing a news-style article.  Really, I don't care what the cure is, I would just want to know how to get it.  But, to be honest with everyone and myself, I've never thought that the cure was going to come in my lifetime.  I know that is rather pesimistic of me, but I just don't see it.  I know that lab rats in far off places have been cured of diabetes with some whatever thing, but I'm not a lab rat, so I don't get to try it out. 
I would love for the cure to come in my lifetime and would jump at the chance to be a part of that and do hope that it happens.  If not in my lifetime, then at least during Kyra's life time. 
I remember when I was first diagnosed with diabetes, I got some newsletter that had new amazing things that were on the verge of being approved by the FDA, like inhaled insulin or a watch that tells you your blood sugar all the time so you never have to prick your finger ever again.  That was nearly 18 years ago and my watch still can't tell me what my blood sugar is.  Heck, sometimes it doesn't tell me the correct date....but that one is my fault...sometimes I get lazy.
I really don't mean to sound like debbie downer, especially when there have been so many great break throughs.  I have a fantastic insulin pump and we all know how much I love my sensor.  There are so many people hard at work trying to make the lives of diabetics better and I am very grateful for that!

No comments: