April 18, 2012

Open a Book.

Open a Book. Choose a book and open it to a random page and point to a phrase. Use that phrase to get you writing today. Free write for 15-20 without stopping.
 
" 'So why do I hate my life?'  He went through the paces of the practices and games.  He liked teaching the boys in his toon, and they followed him loyally.  He had the respect of everyone, and he was treated with deference in his evening practices.  Commanders came to study what he did.  other soldiers approached his table at mess and asked permission to sit down.  Even the teachers were respectful.  He had so much damn respect he wanted to scream."
 
I got this one out of my favorite book, Ender's Game.  I usually don't like to read books over again, but this is one that every so often I will read.  You can ask previous roommates who have lived with me while reading it, I have a hard time putting it down!  Such a good book, and I'm not a sci-fi person! 
 
I thought this paragraph was interesting.  He starts off by saying that he hates his life, but goes on to talk about how how well life is actually going for him.  Other people want to be him, and yet, he doesn't even want to be himself.  He had too much of something that he worked for and that was driving him crazy.
 
Sometimes you try and try for something so hard thinking that once you actually get it, you will be happy.  Then you get it and you find that you aren't happy, or as happy as you thought you were going to be. 
 
Sometimes you just have to go out and find your happiness.  Get yourself out of the situation that you are in, take a leap and find what makes you happy.
 
And sometimes you just have to "love the one you're with" and find the things to love, inspite of a bad situation.  This is probably the on that would relate best to diabetes, since you can't really get rid of it.  I can either hate my life for having diabetes, or I can make the most of it.  Learn from it.  Teach others about it. 
 
And then sometimes you I can have so much diabetes that I want to scream as well...

No comments: