April 28, 2012

The First Time I...


Day 28
The First Time I… Write a post about the first time you did something. What is it? What was it like? What did you learn from it?


I remember the first time I put on an insulin pump.  Someone from Medtronic came to my house to train me on it.  We were in the family room at my parent's house on the couch.  I was a little bit shaky since it was something very new for me to try out.  She told me to check my blood sugar because she had just been with a client who was shaky and they thought it was because she was nervous, but it was because she was low!  I wasn't low, so we went ahead and put it in.  It felt weird having something on my stomach.  Funny thing is that now it feels weird if I'm not wearing it.  It was a whole new experience for me since I had just been taking shots for years.  It was exciting to be able to go out to eat and not have to freak anyone out by taking a shot...all I had to do was press a couple buttons.  It was wonderful!  

No comments: