April 1, 2012

Time Capsule

Time for the 30 Post in 30 Days again!  You all excited?  Probably since I have been MIA basically since the last one ended...mostly because life got crazy after being let go at work....stupid economy.  Anyway, I'm going to try to stick to the promps this time:

"Health Time Capsule. Pretend you’re making a time capsule of you & your health focus that won’t be opened until 2112. What’s in it? What would people think of it when they found it?"

Hmmm....a Health Time Capsule?  Clearly my health focus would be diabetes...I'd probably throw in a blood tester, insulin pump, syringe, insulin...you know...the normal stuff.  Then I'd also clean out my purse and dump the millions of used blood test strips into it as well.  It could be like packing peanuts or something?  I'd probably then throw in some fruit snacks...those will be pretty nasty when they open it up in 100 years, but that's usually what I eat when my bloodsugar is low.

I'm sure when people open it up on 100 years they will think how crazy and huge everything is, because by then there will be electronic implantable pancreases that do everything for you.  It will kinda be like how we react when we see old time cell phones.  HA!  Blood sugar testing will be obsolete, so they will think I'm slightly weird for throwing in all those old bloody strips. 



The Health Activist Writer’s Month Challenge 2012 (#HAWMC)

1 comment:

Mark and Shauna said...

I'm now leaving your blog with a wonderful image of bloody test strips... gracias, allison, gracias ;P.

When r we getting together again? Call me. Did you like hunger games? I thought they did an awesome job... loved it!