April 22, 2012

The Things We Forget


Day 22
The Things We Forget. Visit http://thingsweforget.blogspot.com/ and make your own version of a short memo reminder. Where would you post it?


I'm really not witty enough to come up with something when I am asked to, so instead I have stolen a memo reminder from the scriptures:



Helaman 5:12

12 And now, my sons, rememberremember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

I really should probably post this on my forehead.  Well, actually, I wouldn't be able to see that during the day, so maybe on the back of my hand or something.  

A few things come to mind when I think about this scripture in relation do diabetes/health.  The first is from when I was first diagnosed...how much I was helped in my time of need.  It is true that if you build your foundation, there is no way that you can fall.  Plus, when things keep coming up...because life is never going to be easy, you can still know that you are not going to fall.  

Plus, I know that if I am following the Word of Wisdom the way that I am supposed to, then I am talking care of my body.  It means that I am eating the way I should and getting the nutrients that I need.  This also includes testing my blood sugar regularly and taking the time to figure out the correct amount of insulin I should give myself so that I can stay in range.  I know I'm not the best at doing all of this all the time, but at least I can say that I am trying!

Sometimes we forget that we are a child of God.

2 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

That is my favorite scripture!

Diane said...

You have an interesting blogg, and I am happy taht you praise God.