October 2, 2008

Conference Weekend

When I was little, mom and dad would take us to conference. I used to draw pictures of each speaker...I'm sure that I got a lot out of conference back then! I wish I had my baby book because my mom kept some of the pictures...needless to say...I wasn't the best artist and pretty much every bald general authority looked the same! (Good thing my mom was smart enough to write their names under each picture!)

So, now that I'm older and hopefully wiser, I LOVE conference weekend! I can't wait to hear what our spiritual leaders have to say to us! There's always at least a talk or two that really drives it home for me.

Check out this website, I love that I can listen to a ton of different material from the church.
P.S. One of my all-time favorite memories of Conference is when Kristen and I pulled our mattresses out of our bedrooms and into the family room to watch conference on. I think we slept out there for at least a week!

4 comments:

Charlotta-love said...

I'm excited for this weekend as well.

Do me a favor, please wear a dress with matching socks that go up to your knees. Honestly, that's the BEST way to get the most out of conference. Trust me. :o)

Melissa said...

oh my gosh! Look at little Allison Fallison!!!!!

Shayla said...

haha how funny, I used to draw pictures too! But if I recall I spent more time trying to draw all the lines on the podium than worrying about the speakers hair (or lack thereof)

kp said...

that's a favorite of mine too! And remember Em was too new to complain that we didn't move our beds all week! Oh, and we played conference bingo! Please come be my roommate again!