August 14, 2012

Temple

The Oakland temple is where I received my endowment, but I haven't been back to that temple to do a session since then...about 6ish years.  It was closed for most of July, so when it opened up I headed over to do a session. The temple is huge and I totally got lost in it!  I was there early and had the chance to read the last three chapters of the Book of Mormon while waiting in the chapel.  Lots of thoughts went through my mind while at the temple.  Mostly I was thinking about the first time I went through and remembering how I felt and the people that were there with me that day.  Secondly my thoughts turned to how lucky I am.  I have a wonderful, supportive family, I have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and I have a testimony of it.  I know that there is a plan for me and that everything works out for the best.  Gotta love being at the temple :)

2 comments:

karlie said...

I loved being there with you!!! What a great memory and such a beautiful temple!!!

Natalie Smith said...

It is a beautiful place. Thanks for your great example!