September 18, 2008

This Might Make You Feel Better About Yourself...



So, I am currently reading the Old Testament for my main scripture study. Clearly, the Bible is part of the written Word and has many wonderful insights and directions from the Lord. I have found in my readings that there are also many other gems of information, such as what I was reading about last Saturday...

Judg. 3: 17, 22

17 And he brought the present unto Eglon king of Moab: and Eglon was a very fat man.
21 And Ehud put forth his left hand, and took the dagger from his right thigh, and thrust it into his belly:
22 And the haft also went in after the blade; and the fat closed upon the blade, so that he could not draw the dagger out of his belly; and the dirt came out.

Say WHAT?!

I don't know why I find the Old Testament so entertaining.
When I share these with other people, they usually don't find them as funny as I do, so I apologize for my weird sense of humor!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

well al, this is proof that we have the same sense of humor because while i was reading this i started laughing out loud. then i started to think about it more and am now laughing so hard that tears are rolling out of my eyes. no joke! seriously, the more i think about it, the funnier that passage gets! "and the dirt came out"?? WHA?? oh i miss you.

Charlotta-love said...

Eglon should be a diet: lose weight so you won't die from a knife wound.