November 30, 2011

The Last Post - 30 Health Posts in 30 Days



Wow.  I'm impressed that I actually was able to do 30 post in 30 days.  Well, I guess I ended up doing 31 posts when we found out about Kyra.  I don't think that I have ever blogged this much or even talked about diabetes this much in such a concentrated time in my entire life!  I really appreciate all the support that has been given in writing all these things.  I'm just actually impressed that anyone read all of that writing.  Geez.  I think that it was really good for me to get it all out.  I'm not one to talk about these things so it was kinda therapeutic to express the good, the bad and the ugly with what I have to deal with all the time.  In my blogging, I have also been able to read other diabetic's blogs and see that my sister and I aren't the only ones who feel this way.  That you can take a time out for a pity party and go back to life as normal again.  I've had times when things were rough and I was told to just suck it up, so seeing that every diabetic has their ups and downs has been very nice.

The night Kyra was diagnosed I emailed Ashlee and Carrie to let them know what was happening.  Their responses were words of comfort and I appreciate their friendship.  Carrie mentioned something that I thought was interesting as well.  She said, " What I think is interesting is that you've been doing your awesome 30 blog posts in 30 days all about diabetes and your experiences... not a coincidence, I think!"  I agree.  The Lord has his hand in everything and we just need to trust what he has in store for us.  If Lisa and I were both given diabetes in part to be a support to Kyra, then it has all been worth it and all plays into having that faith that can get us through any trial in life, to make us the people we are, to help us return back to our Heavenly Father.

Thanks for taking the time to read my rantings about diabetes.  I hope that something was learned!

Oh, and Merry Christmas from me and my sisters! ;)

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J

10 comments:

Meri said...

I think this is the start of something wonderful! When I tell people I blog, they often say, "I don't get blogs." They don't have to. It helps me. Like you said, it helps to know we are not alone in all this. In fact, sometimes that makes all the difference.

Rock on in your advocating Allison!

The Naked Blogger said...

You did it! I really enjoyed your 30 days of posts!

Karenh said...

Thanks, SISTA!!!! For being so diligent in your blogging and sharing so much about this awful disease that has chosen to abide in your mortal body! I really have learned a lot about diabetes this month (thru your posting) And while I hope no one in my family [except me =(] ever is diagnosed with it, at least if they are I will know how to advise them!

Lisa said...

U r amazing Allison! Kyra will read ur posts and understand what is ahead and that we can all get through it together. I just gave the link for Melissa. She read a lot of them here and loved them and learned a lot! And y o y is that picture up here?!?!?!

karlie said...

i miss you posting...

m11.in said...

post classified ad posting blogging and backlinks creater websites and blog commenting websites

m11.in
classified.m11.in
classifieds.m11.in
blog.m11.in
backlinks.m11.in
http://m11in.blogspot.com/

sibi said...

good posts. Interestingly put. Wishing a great year ahead and expecting more such posts!

Unknown said...

I enjoyed every page on your blog, I think you are is creative, if you have a spare time look at me too at anger management worksheets I am happy to share with you and hope to become your friends

babyproducts said...

Very nice side.

Anonymous said...

greetings allisonkatemurray.blogspot.com owner found your website via yahoo but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your website http://traffic-for-your-website.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic at this website http://traffic-for-your-website.com
To your success James