November 10, 2011

The Future of Online Activism - 30 Health Posts in 30 Days

This is probably a topic that I would have changed, but heck...why not try to write about it?

I have been quite surprised at the comments about my blog either actually on the blog, on facebook or in person to me.  I talked to one of my best friends on the phone today and she brought up my blog and how she is loving reading what I have been writing about diabetes and how with my posts she actually feels like she can understand better what diabetes is all about.  She and I have known each other for over ten years now.  Another best friend of ten years has made comments on the blog stating that she has never head a lot of what I am saying.  I wasn't kidding when I said that I don't talk that much about my thoughts and feelings, especially when it comes to diabetes. I decided that I'd just lay it all out on the table as much as I possibly could for this blogging challenge.  I don't know if this means that I am doing some sort of diabetes advocacy to the world or anything, but if my friends are understanding my condition more and more than it is really worth it to me.  I don't like to make people sit down and listen to me, so letting them decide whether or not they read this has worked out well in this case.

If I listen to my friends and see the stats of how many hits my blog has been getting since these posts, it seems like the future of online activism actually does have some sort of a future.  You never really do know the power of your voice until you use it!

 Oh, and I hope that I don't bore most of you with my long posts and no pictures...I've been trying to find pictures cuz I don't always enjoy a post with no pics!

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J

1 comment:

Meri said...

Well believe it or not, you are officially an advocate! We can only enlighten people one at a time...and you are doing it brilliantly! I'm super proud of you!

Who knows what your future holds. You have a voice...it means something!